The Official Website of Yahminah McIntosh


The Official Web site of Yahminah McIntosh



http://www.yahminahmcintosh.com/


New Blog:

http://www.yahminahmcintosh.wordpress.com











NUMBER OF PHAMLI SUPPORTERS TO DATE!

SMILE OFTEN AND HAVE HOPE ALWAYS!

Header Banner Made with MyBannerMaker.com! Click here to make your own!
Create your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

SURVIVAH

FROM MY HEART TO YOURS

The Inspiration for writing this particular piece, came from so many sources. I have a heart for all people, but "Superwomen" and those who desire to move mountains are close to my heart.
Lately I've been doing quite a bit of reading about many of the great women who because of their actions, changed the course of history and helped to birth many of the freedoms that we some times take for granted. Anyway, I will share about the beautiful things that I've found, in a later piece!
There are things in this life that you will never understand, even if you tried to, and there are things that you will see and hear that you will not be able to identify and label, but be not dismayed, as you will GET every morsel of wisdom and knowledge meant for you, if you are willing to receive it. Pay attention. YMC






Morning Has Broken
As I stood my tallest and faced the biggest storm in my life, I looked around and saw life's dew, giving away to diamond dust. In this case it wasn't a matter of perception, because the sky was decorated with clear diamonds that became crushed by my own hands as I reached for the stars. As I was removing my cape, I noticed that it was torn in 7 places, I removed it slowly and began to mend the holes, with my special "thread of mercy". I hung it up, and opened my wings, so that they could breathe, rest and dry, as I've been gliding through some storms today. (get that somebody!)



The Still of the Night

I'm sitting at my computer and as always my home is quiet. I just turned off the evening news and turned on a CD that I made that included songs by Yolanda Adams, Beethoven, Diane Reeves, Fred Hammond, Craig David, Juanita Bynum, Will Downing, India.Arie, Raul Midion & Robin Thicke. This is a tranquil but mysterious moment, as I really need to be sleeping, but somethings pulling on my soul...I'm retreating tonight, as all that I've used, desires to be MINISTERED TO, SO THAT I CAN BE REPLENISHED.



I decided to go and sit on my favorite couch - right there on the left, to elevate my feet and lay my head back. As I began to exhale, tears began to roll back into my locks and I said "Oh Father"! I feel like I've been going and going non stop for months and this is the first time I've taken a minute. Last week was full of lessons, thank yous, major decisions, interesting news, so on and so forth. I can't say that its been easy, but one thing that was impressed upon me, is how important what you do while you're here is. So I began to write and this is what was on my heart...



an excerpt from


Shacklespear

Could it be that too many centuries have gone past where
we've been laid to rest and forgotten
because life was moving fast
and there was too much busy nothing to do
and all chaos is waiting still, for the arrival of today
hiding and disguising your present from you
Our songs...those sweet songs are no longer sung
because they choose not to fathom our melodies
when days are sweet and full
and the soul of the aromas that would fill the Domestic Kingdoms
with rich goodness, creating a hunger and thirst within their reasons to
LIVE
If we were taller than Tuesdays then they'd chisel our names in the black top,
beyond the back where they shrine the have nots
leading to the big houses where, those that pay to be remembered gather
Sometimes I think that they too would remember me, but now, it only seems that the present's value is the key...
It's been a long road, and the shackles, crowns and spears lay here, some buried by fear of colored discovery
Some make moral deals with the adversary
willfully, because they believe in the will of their own strategies
Average beings aspiring to obtain meaning
only to find their shine, beyond the lines in due time
then our next generations ask, is freedom davyine or
truly mine
like wine, its aged and caged
then recycled and relayed past the concious...

Yahminah McIntosh Copyright 2009



The Heart of a Queen

We rise early in the morning, to see our children off, take care of our family's, run our businesses, cook, clean, work, mentor, nurture, build, etc...We are destined by nature to COMFORT CREATION and assist in all of its pulchritude. We are those that stand behind, next to, in front of and beside GREAT PEOPLE. We are the pillars of communities, teachers, scholars, advisors, soldiers, writers, educators, presidents, ministers, entrepreneurs, poets, storytellers, etc... We were built to succeed, endure, conquer, live, stand and carry the weight of our own visions. We are healers, strengthened by the wisdom of our own experiences. We are strategists, masters, leaders, intercessors, warriors, nurturers. We are those that paint pictures of beautiful countries for the blind to see...






Wo'Man

The strength of a woman is true and proven; It can not be touched, duplicated or denied. We were all created with specific, distinctive and marvelous attributes. We are very different, as no two roses grow exactly the same. We possess spiritual pieces that strengthen our drives. We were created equal, and are commissioned to uplift the world and destined for greatness. We are a mighty breed, like the aged wines consumed by the disciples at the last supper. We have exclusive rights to the Throne of God, and have been called Queen by the Matured Kings. We are Lifted...
Fine Wine
You'll always find a queen circling her throne after a storm, she wastes no time on damage done, but instead uses her time wisely to prepare for the the rage of the storms to come. She has imperfect balance, but a willingness to achieve a healthy equilibrium for survival. She respects mother nature, but is aroused by her own opinions. She has a pure and Innocent sense of reality, and is humored by the enemy's ability to make a fool of himself. She is the most confident and sees, feels and hears praise, even when rocks are thrown, and bitter lies are spoken. She is a Queen...They will be the ones sharpening their swords, polishing their shoes and bronzing their shackles for good luck. They are crowned and validated by their own sense of moral.


Loosed!

*To every woman who has ever walked away and hidden at the end of her day, without any one to check on her

*To those sistahs on lock down who didn't do it, and those women incarcerated who sincerely didn't mean to do it

*To every woman who feels alone, and that no one cares about you

*To all women who have been lied on, cheated on, talked about, mistreated, used, scorned, cursed, hurt, dissed because of your size, lied to, mislead, lost a child or loved one, survived illness, lost good friends over money, been molested, been raped, been mentally, psychologically, emotionally and physically abused.

*To those mothers who desire to be better, but don't know how

*To those women that believe that THIS IS IT and that the best will never come to them

*To those women who have given up on themselves and God

*To the women who live in places where no one cares about whether they live or die

*To those women who are afraid to be and ashamed of who you are, because of who you love

*To women who can't hold their heads up or excel because they are anchored by their own baggage

*To all of the daughters that lives have been affected by their broken relationships with their mothers

*To the sisters who can't heal or feel

*To the women who choose to mend their brokenness with promiscuity

*To the black sheep and out casts, who think they will never fit or be accepted

*To the women who have tasted the bitterness of continuous disappointment

*To every woman, across the land that is afraid to love and be loved

I send a Promise to you...

SURVIVAH

To all women who have survived, the bite of fate's nemesis and endured the most difficult storms simultaneously in this life. I proffer my "herstory" as a manifestation of my commitment to UPLIFT AND ELEVATE YOU. I applaud you for deciding to live another day. This is my ODE TO YOU. I care, I understand and I know your stories even though I've never heard them. I intercede for all of you, even though I don't know your name or your location, but I KNOW YOU STILL, FOR WE ARE JOINED AT THE SPIRITUAL HIP. I send prayers and love in the currents of the breeze, that flow from the hills where our help rests.

My Dearest PHAMLI,

One thing that I continue to hear in my soul, is LET THE HEALING BEGIN! The way that we as women were built is Amazing. I like to call us Awesome Wonders, because of how we manage our lives. Although we are imperfect, we are still here. I give honor to the brothers as we can't forget that God made them too; however, I am talking about my sisters. I am grateful that you took the time to read this piece. I ask that you send it to a woman or women who might need encouragement or a pick me up, as we are all in this life together.

If you never hear sweet words, and if no one ever tells you how much you are appreciated or that you are important. I want you to know that:

YOU MATTER, YOU ARE IMPORTANT AND ON YOUR BEST DAY YOUR STARS SHINE BRIGHT FOR ALL TO SEE, YOUR WOUNDS CAN HEAL, YOU CAN FORGIVE, YOU DESERVE TO BE LOVED, YOU ARE BLESSED AND HIGHLY FAVORED NO MATTER WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE OR HOW YOU FEEL, THINGS WILL WORK OUT IN YOUR FAVOR IF YOU BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND STAY POSITIVE.

an excerpt from "SURVIVAH"

...They gathered on the foot printed beaches of Deborah's Cove, all carrying their scarves given to them by the guest of honor. Many were weeping and shedding tears, of joy and some silent, but moving swiftly still in place.

There stood 70 angels singing joyfully mesmerizing the attendees with their gifts of worship, their praise, seemed fit for battle and their garments long and touched with a hint of burgundy. The tides were low, though there were rumors of the waring of the seasons on this day.

The clear sky showed the heart of creation forming yet again on this new day, no rain and a perfect breeze. The aroma of Hyacinth and beautiful wines filled the air, and as everyone was instructed to stand, in walked the one that they all had known. She needed no introduction for this day was destined to come, she smiled and reached out both of her hands to touch them all with love. As she moved forward she bid them farewell with a nod of approval and blew her last kiss in the wind. This is a piece of her story...

...She walked through the streets smiling and speaking words of life to every living thing and she lead the broken to the living waters, welled by the streams of grace.

she showed them all to the place where words that were pregnant with promise were awaiting the birth of their fruit

She helped the crutched, the hateful, the hopeless, the prejudice, the sick, the hurting, the faithless, the oppressed. and the possessed, find restoration
She gave the insecure a reason to love themselves and the outcasts a prodigal son's welcome

She searched the earth and left no rock unturned rendering hugs, and smiles and encouragement to the needy
She flew high and wrote words of wisdom in the sky for all to see
She was feared by the adversary because of her strategy
and praised after every battle on unblocked stages for everyone see her victory
She brought the children to a place where they could feel love
and the addicted, she journeyed them across waters, along side the son
She taught faith through her actions
and showed mercy by the acceptance of her own grace
and at the end of her days

She walked up stairs with a broken wing
limping as she cleared her own tears from the pain that she too carried in her heart
She blotted the blood from her brow that saw many stones
thrown from those who didn't understand her purpose
she wet the pallet of her lip from the last drops of water left in her flask
that she carried with her throughout time

As she was reaching the top of the stairs and approaching her seat at the right hand
she mouthed, I'm tired and ready to be seated
and when she stood at the top, before she placed her wings to rest
she heard the calls of those that needed her still and turned around
and began walking down the steps to show love to the world again
...

UNTIL NEXT TIME
NAMASTE'
Yahminah McIntosh

It was written at the PHOUNDATIONS of the earth that You were Created Beautiful

It was written at the PHOUNDATIONS of the earth that You were Created Beautiful
and are Destined for Greatness! Live your Fullest Life.

The Awesomeness, in this day is that you have the opportunity to

The Awesomeness, in this day is that you have the opportunity to
correct, yesterdays mistakes! Yahminah McIntosh

BELIEVE IN YOU, KNOW YOUR PURPOSE AND STAND FIRM ON WHAT YOU BELIEVE,

BELIEVE IN YOU, KNOW YOUR PURPOSE AND STAND FIRM ON WHAT YOU BELIEVE,
BE STRONG ENOUGH TO CARRY THE WEIGHT OF YOUR OWN VISION.

Dare To Dream, Believe you Will Succeed

Dare To Dream, Believe you Will Succeed
and Never Stop at Good, Keep Getting Better and know YOU WILL BECOME THE BEST!