The Official Website of Yahminah McIntosh


The Official Web site of Yahminah McIntosh



http://www.yahminahmcintosh.com/


New Blog:

http://www.yahminahmcintosh.wordpress.com











NUMBER OF PHAMLI SUPPORTERS TO DATE!

SMILE OFTEN AND HAVE HOPE ALWAYS!

Header Banner Made with MyBannerMaker.com! Click here to make your own!
Create your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Fruit of Thanksgiving


The Fruit of Thanks Giving
Many times we underestimate the power of being thankful, when we should be grateful and thankful for all things in our lives. I believe that when we begin taking what we have been given for granted, we will sometimes have the unfortunate experience of feeling it's ABSENCE. I have so much to be thankful for, and there would be no way to fit it all within the limitations of 1 day; However, right now is a great time to start making intentional efforts to show my gratitude and give thanks!


GRACE


Yes today's grace will be said before and after dinner, but what about the grace said when the day opened and has come to a close. When you really think about it, there are too many people in the world, that suffer from lack in areas of their lives (food, health, relationSHIPS, finances, employment, spirituality, etc...) that I have no choice but to be grateful for being better today than I was yesterday and having more in this moment (even though it may not seem like much) than I had in the moment before. Appreciation for life, will grow you, and as you go through the pains of your own growth and realization, it will change your life. There would be less complaining and more thankfulness if more of us aspired to embrace this perspective. I believe in the principle of "Sowing and Reaping" and that if you sow gratitude and thankfulness, you will receive more of what you desire in return.

The Acknowledgement
If it is hard for you to audibly say THANK YOU, then say it to yourself, but whatever you do, acknowledge what you are grateful and thankful for, whatever it is, and just don't stop here, do it more and more every day that is ENTRUSTED TO YOU BY THE CREATOR.



ME


I'm a survivor and if God didn't do anything else, I would take that notion to that place where my spirit would ascend. To be in my Right Mind, Have a Clean Heart and have the will to succeed, the power to push pass the pain, the ambition and resilience to keep on moving in spite of it all and the Vision to see pass all smoke screens that have been put up before me is amazing. Off course I'm grateful for these cushioned slippers that I've been wearing sine early this morning, while I was cooking and the fact that all of my food turned out GREAT! OOHWEE




I am grateful for my family, my son, my "Davyine 1", my Health, my PHAMLI, my friends and my enemies! I could go on and on and on...






A Personal Message


I was moved by the email that I received from the young lady Maya who's autistic daughter was hospitalized at the same hospital where my son "Judah Man" was.


Thank you for such kinds words, and your support. It was a blessing to meet you and Beth. Even though a great deal of time has passed, thank you for holding the words that I spoke to you in your heart. I saw something in you, that I saw in myself not too long ago. Stay Encouraged and Be Strong, because like your precious daughter, My SON is a Prince who was destined to be here. You have so much to be thankful for and just when you are unable to cry anymore tears, the morning will come. I pray that you receive all the love and support that you need and to nurture your seeds. Keep your head up, and know that everything will be just fine.








My Dearest PHAMLI,



I pray that you have a Wonderful Thanksgiving...Take time to reflect and be Thankful. Remember, no matter what it looks like, feels like, sounds like, YOU HAVE ALOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR. Even though we all complain, lets try to do less of that and more of the opposite. Bless your families, your jobs, your finances, your friendships, your health and your relationSHIPS.




Until Next Time!





Be Well

Namaste'

Yahminah


an excerpt from


The Amen Corner
My house was still filled with ones that I love
whose bellies were full and mouths filled with laughter
I thought I would be able to rest around 5,
but when I looked up it was
6 or a little after
the dishes done, plates were made and I bowed out of the conversations
to catch that much needed minute of breath that I needed to take
so I removed my blue apron and placed my towel on the rack
and walked into the dining room and told my guests that I would be right back
I poured myself a special blend of organic juices over crushed ice
and I opened the back door adorned with my a recent picture I painted
that lead to that place
where I could relax, laugh and cry and no judgement could fit in its space
This was my personal holy place, where only bare feet and pure souls were welcome
like the jook joint of my soul,
where when I was overwhelmed, broken or over joyed I would always go
So I began to climb, one step at a time, placing my left hand on that wounded knee
and as goosebumps saw fit to clothe my arms
Grace began to pull me, and my face was dressed with a beautiful smile
unlike the one that those close to me are used to
but that one that can be seen when the GOOD light of the SUN shines upon my face
I reached the top of the stairs and looked back and that door had closed quietly behind me,
that I don't remember doing but, what was waiting for me in the next 9 steps
had all of my attention
so I hung my tension and my stress on the Pewter hooks to the right
and I laid my burdens down at the bar of this transition in life
and sat in my favorite Crimson Persian chair, that sat in this Amen Corner
I inhaled the aroma of Tunisian Patchouli and Lavender and
Exhaled for the longest time and watched all of my cares, leave my nostrils
and waltz under the bare wooded skylights that embraced the transition of the setting sun
I was good, it was perfect, the unprecedented peace and tranquility of this moment was amazing,
I closed my eyes and rested my head on my rice filled pillow and began to hum
my rendition of Shug Avery's song Sistah from the "Color Purple"
with every note that I sang, I heard my named being called, as my disappearance
had just become apparent...I smiled, and felt the presence of my sister
as if she was walking up the stairs into this place
even though she had no physical legs to walk with
only wings that she used, when she descended to watch over me
My spirit began to harmonize with her, "Just a Closer Walk Thee"...
When I opened my eyes, She wasn't there but I was holding a Bright white feather in the palm of my left hand
and tears began rolling down the sides of my face, and backwards into my locks and
I opened my mouth and at first I was happily choked up
and couldn't speak a word
and all that my soul could say was THANK YA, THANK YA, THANK YA...


Yahminah McIntosh Copyright 2009

It was written at the PHOUNDATIONS of the earth that You were Created Beautiful

It was written at the PHOUNDATIONS of the earth that You were Created Beautiful
and are Destined for Greatness! Live your Fullest Life.

The Awesomeness, in this day is that you have the opportunity to

The Awesomeness, in this day is that you have the opportunity to
correct, yesterdays mistakes! Yahminah McIntosh

BELIEVE IN YOU, KNOW YOUR PURPOSE AND STAND FIRM ON WHAT YOU BELIEVE,

BELIEVE IN YOU, KNOW YOUR PURPOSE AND STAND FIRM ON WHAT YOU BELIEVE,
BE STRONG ENOUGH TO CARRY THE WEIGHT OF YOUR OWN VISION.

Dare To Dream, Believe you Will Succeed

Dare To Dream, Believe you Will Succeed
and Never Stop at Good, Keep Getting Better and know YOU WILL BECOME THE BEST!